Balancing Our Mind and Emotions: Meditations for Mental Health
Sunday Mornings, 10:30am – Noon with Buddhist Teacher, David Shea
Live Class Instructions
Seating will be limited so please pre-register below and select the live class attendance option. The following procedures must be followed:
- Masks must be worn at all times while inside the center and during the class.
- Social distancing must be maintained. Chairs will be set allowing for adequate distance.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the check in desk.
- All surfaces will be wiped down and sanitized after each class.
Live stream will still be available for Sunday morning classes for those who prefer this option. Please follow the procedure below.
Registration Instructions for Live Stream:
- You will need to download Zoom to view the class. It is free! Go here to download: https://zoom.us/download
- Click the Registration button below. ($10/$5 students) Members: Free
- Registration must be done at least an hour before the class.
- Check your inbox before the class starts to click the Zoom access link to join the live streaming class with the supplied password. IMPORTANT: Your Zoom link access email will NOT arrive until the day of the class.
Meditation makes our mind calm and peaceful. When we are peaceful, our mind is positive and free from worries and other mental discomfort. Through practicing meditation, we learn to develop and hold positive and peaceful states of mind even in the most difficult situations. Since good mental health comes from positive states of mind, meditation has great power to improve our mental health.
Join us to learn how to reduce mental busyness and distraction, let go of worry and anxiety, and find a warmth and friendliness through the practice mental training, or meditation.
Oct 4: Meditation, Happiness & Mental Health
Oct 11: Focused or Frenetic: Attention, Mindfulness & Concentration
Oct 18: Criticism or Kindness
Oct 25: Trauma, Anxiety & Control
Nov 1: Loneliness, Connection & Love
Nov 8: Resentment & Forgiveness
Nov 15: Self Care & Caring for Others
20 minutes guided breathing meditation
40 minute teaching
10 minute guided meditation on the teaching
10 minutes discussion
Everyone is welcome; just drop in to any class! For more information on attending any of our meditation classes, click here.
Cost | $10 per class, $5 for students ($0 if you are unable to pay due to financial problems)
Location | BKBC, 6701 Aberdeen No. 3 (1 block SW Slide and Loop), Lubbock TX
For more information please call 806-787-2499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org